The new congregation held services in Holliston School from June 1958 – August 1963. There are a few parishioners who still remember this time in our church life! The first minister was the Rev. David Tatchell. Three years later the Rev. Dave Ferguson became priest and plans were made for a new church building.
Construction of what became known as the St. Stephen’s House Church, under building chairman W. R. Tekano, was completed and dedicated by the Rt. Rev. S. C. Steer, Bishop of Saskatoon, on September 4, 1963. The mortgage of the House Church was burned January 21, 1973.
An addition consisting of the Mitchell Fellowship Hall, offices, Prest Hall, and the reconstruction of the church was overseen by Les Hall. The addition was dedicated on December 18, 1983 by the Rt. Rev. R. A. Wood.
Another small addition was made at the entrance and an accessible elevator was installed in 2000. These were dedicated September 3, 2000 by the Rt. Rev. Thomas Morgan. Extensive improvements were made in 2003 to the kitchen, Prest Hall, and the Mitchell Fellowship Hall.
In 2016, two furnaces were replaced, the roof was re-shingled, and the access ramp on the west side of the building was replaced.
We celebrated 60 years of ministry together! This celebration was marked with a special service attended by the Archdeacon and a Refresh project–including a new sign and website.
We are grateful for the physical building and property with which we have been entrusted.
Not only is it our common church home, but we are also able to create space for various groups and ministries in the Holliston neighbourhood and beyond. We seek to be good stewards of the material aspects of our church as we move together into the future.